Friday, October 22, 2010

sunday at the park

One thing I am not sure I have shared with you..... our weekends are not on Saturday and Sunday!! They are Thursday and Friday. Friday is the Sabbath, most things other than malls and grocery stores are closed on Friday, the sabbath. It's also the BEST day to drive around town, not many folks are out. So, on our "virtual sunday" which is really a Friday, we met some friends at the park for a play date. It was HOT (suprised?) we all left wet, sticky and a little thirsty.

Before we moved here, my sister (in-law) asked if there were parks in Oman. Of course I had no clue.... I thought maybe I had read that there were some but was not sure..... so you'll be glad to know that we managed to find a few parks around town. I was pleasantly surprised at how extensive and beautiful this park is. It is called Qurm park. It's in an older more established neighborhood, centrally located for most of Muscat.

Here is the entrance.... it is lined with rose bushes and trees along the main promenade. There are large areas off to both sides of this walk way for picnicking and/or playing futbol or cricket.

the play structure is just like anywhere U.S.A!!! (minus any safety precautions)

I love the palm trees here..... so stately.


At the far end of this ginormous park is a man made lake with fountains and a HUGE rock water fall and an amusement park (just incase you get the urge to go on a faris wheel). Anyhow, I was captivated at how the sun was shining off the tile tops of these gazebos.... It was perfect and well I had to snap this shot, just for you.
Hope all is well with you and yours!
xo,
amt

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely time! And beautiful places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful park. I'm so happy you are finding parks and places that the boys are most familiar with. Enjoy your weekend. :)

    Love Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding places to go as a family is a fun way to explore. Sounds like you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!